Sally Pepper Interview

We recently caught up with soloist, Sally Pepper and here's the interview!

1. Who inspired you to play music?

I don't think I can really pin it down to one person. I've played music of some kind since the age of around 5 or 6, and then started being interested in writing songs and performing them in my teenage years.

2. How do you think Spotify helps musicians?

I've only really started using Spotify recently, but it's a great tool for listening to your favourite artists, and finding new ones. I like how it suggests bands that are similar to the ones you've been listening to. It's handy for when you've forgotten to check something out too, cos if it knows who you do like, it'll know who will like!

3. What made you decide to become a solo artist?

I decided to become a solo artist when I was at university. Basically, my band from back home fell apart, and I still wanted to make music. I started off playing at some open mic nights at the uni, and then took it from there!

4. Top 3 favourite bands you've played with and want to play with?

From all the artists I've played with, I'd say that my favourites are Lucy Spraggan, Fort Hope and Allison Weiss (now known as AW). Lucy is just a brilliant musician and songwriter, as well as being great live. Fort Hope are one of the best young British bands, and I'd been to see them so many times before I got to play with them. And AW is an artist that I'd loved and admired for a long time, so to then support them (in one of my favourite venues too) was pretty cool. And as for bands I'd like to play with (without going too crazy!) I think I'd definitely go with As It Is and Young Guns, and then maybe Roam because I'm really digging them at the moment!

5. Who would you like to endorse you?

I've always said that my ideal endorsement would be one with Rubicon, as I pretty much bleed their fizzy mango! Either that or McVitie's so I could have an unlimited supply of Jaffa Cakes!

6. Are you working on any EPs at the moment?

I've got a few new songs written which I'll be trying out live in my upcoming shows, and then hopefully I'll be recording again later in the year!

7. What sets you apart from others?

I think what sets me apart is that I'm not your usual acoustic singer-songwriter. I don't particularly listen to a lot of that sort of stuff. I listen to pop-punk and heavier, so I want to create music that fits in with that, but that I can also play solo live, and I can play all myself.

8. What's your live set up?

Over the past couple of years, I'd perfected my live set up if using a loop pedal, backing tracks and effects. However, for the time being and until I record again, I think I'm going to keep it purely me and my guitar. It means that when I do have new material, it can all fit together and work in a live situation.

9. If you were to loose a body part what would it be?

If I had to lose a body part, I think I'd choose the extra skin I have on my extremely stretchy face. Just because there's so much of it to spare!

10. What kind of guitars do you own?

I have a fair few guitars to be honest, probably too many! Acoustic wise, I have a Taylor 214ce and a Breedlove AC25. I also have a Fender Modern Player Telecaster; a Fender Jazz and Squier Jazz basses, and a Gretsch guitalele!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Female Drummers in The Rock and Metal Music Industry

Altered Sky at Download Festival 2018

LGBT musicians in the rock and metal music industry